Newmafruit has appointed Ewa Zgliczynska as the person with responsibility for data protection compliance within the organisation. She can be contacted on Ewa@newmafruit.co.uk. Any questions about this policy, or request for further information should be directed to the Data Protection Officer.
Personal Data- is any information that relates to the individual who can be identified from the information.
Processing – refers to any activity relating to personal data from initial collection thorough organising, alerting, consulting, using, disclosing or combining, to the final destruction. This includes holding data, either electronically or manually.
Data Subject- A living individual subject of data
Data protection principles
Newmafruit processes personal data of its business partners, contractors and visitors with the following data protection principles:
- Newmafruit process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Newmafruit collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Newmafruit processes personal data only where relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing;
- Newmafruit keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay;
- Newmafruit keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing;
- Newmafruit adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Newmafruit tells individuals the reasons for processing their personal data, how it uses such data and the legal basis for processing in its privacy policies. It will not process personal data of individuals for other reasons. Where Newmafruit relies on its legitimate interests as the basis for processing data, it will carry out an assessment to ensure that those interests are not overridden by the rights and freedoms of individuals.
Information we may collect from business partners, contractors, visitors:
- Company name, your name, company address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- Service level agreement if applicable
- Information about insurance cover;
- Information about medical and health issues collected on arrival in reception.
- Registration number of your vehicle collected on arrival.
The company collects information in a variety of ways, mostly emails and in person.
How do we store and protect information?
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and a procedure in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duty.
Data is stored in a range of different places including archiving room and IT system.
How long will we keep the data?
The company will hold the personal information for the duration of the relationship and additional period required by supermarkets and certification bodies.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
As a data subject you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- Ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organization’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Ewa Zgliczynska, Newmafruit International Limited, Chartham, CT4 7HQ, Email: Ewa@newmafruit.co.uk